View Single Post
Old 09-22-2015, 07:21 AM
Daniel Larusso
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006

Originally Posted by busdriver12 View Post
That all sounds logical, however the VTO's are input by hand. Line by line, by the futures schedulers. They do not input trip requests that are already filled by the view/add window requests. So they are inputting garbage right in there (or not), and we get what comes out. I see a benefit to knowing what trips are actually available for VTO holders, unlike now, though I see no benefit to the potential of unrequested reserve blocks for all seniority levels.

I don't see how a new system is going to change anything as far as driving us to a specific credit hour total, far over filling our requests by seniority. Do you? Is there anything that leads you to think they will not prioritize whatever the companies desires are, as the top priority?

The VP of Flight Ops, as deemed by this TA, makes the final call.
I doubt any system would change things with respect to specific credit hour total, but there should be perspective on that. Even our current SIG line build process is constrained by company generated line targets so it's something that has and will be with us no matter what. Any system, current on new runs its points biases within those parameters. Most of us don't really care what the computer is actually doing, we prefer our interpretation of what it's doing. However with respect to point scoring, the systems I've seen aren't weighing inputs vs credit hours from a scoring standpoint. For instance let's say the credit range is 85-90 hours. It's not going to bypass a higher scoring line in favor at say 85:30Ch in favor of a lower scoring line at 90CH. Now a key in all of this is the pilots inputs positive and negative and whether those inputs are valid. Remember these systems just look for the highest scoring line within the target solve range. If you or the scheduler put in inputs that aren't available, the highest score it can get is zero no matter what it does. That is true under the present Vto system as well where the only hand inputs are the schedulers moving our inputs from one computer to another.