Old 09-22-2015, 11:39 AM
Pilotqwert7
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Default would NOT recommend!

ATP looks great on paper. They're marketing and advertising are excellent. However, once you start, you will quickly see their incompetence and greed! My loans were poorly mismanaged by ATP, which cost me hundreds, thousands? They were unapologetic and and would not reimburse me. Dispersement payments (from my loans, held by ATP) were never sent to me on time and I was angrily told that I would not be reimbursed for cost of living expenses incurred due to delays on the part of ATP. Sure, you can fight this, but it take A LOT of energy and time that needs to be put toward flying/studying. They understand this.

THERE ARE HIDDEN COSTS: Extra time needed for profiency. Extra time can be pulled from other parts of the program is you need, but that could hurt you in the long run. Otherwise you have to pay out of pocket. Examiner fees are out of pocket...$5000. Training bundle is out of pocket...$450. An iPad (with data plan) and software is out of pocket...$800. Also, don't expect to finish in prescribed time frame b/c no instructor or planes available at times, no examiner available at times, and weather...especially weather. ATP does NOT build in any time for these setbacks. ATP will say they build time in. They absolutely do not. They will unapologetically tell you it is your responsibility to make up the time (i.e. fly twice a day). If you get too far off schedule, they will discontinue you. At the end of the day I would not at all recommend ATP. They really just want your money and are not good people. The instructors are miserably overworked and underpayed but do care. The admin and those above just care about their bottom line.

I left ATP after getting commercial b/c I did not want to spend one more day or dollar with them. I got a job with a small airline in six weeks after leaving and without my CFI! The market is good and rapidly getting better! In my job search employers asked my about ATP. When I vaguely spoke of my experience with ATP, every employer, almost on cue, shook their heads and smirked saying that they were all too familiar with ATP's insufficiencies.

Hope this helps and GOOD LUCK!