View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 03:40 PM
ShopTalk
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Originally Posted by busdriver12 View Post
Suicides? Many of them? I haven't heard of a one. Perhaps you could PM me who these many pilot suicides are.

You are either exaggerating, or not a FedEx pilot. We have some ugly pairings, but in twenty years, I've never seen a pairing like you describe, that pays only 9 hours, nor works as you describe. And you say this happens frequently?

Though we have some ugly trips at FedEx, one lovely thing we have is an active trip trading system with the computer. If it's ugly, and you don't want to fly it, if staffing is good enough, you can drop it. You can often trade it for something better. In twenty years, I have never flown a trip like you have described, and I can only think of a few that I haven't been able to drop or trade off of.

I find it curious that this is your very first post. We have had a number of first time posters posting odd things in our TA forum in the last couple of days. Wonder why.
I don't get paid to educate a naive senior FDX pilot on the reality of lower seniority pilots secondary lines as they exist when issued to junior pilots. I never said "pairings," I said secondary lines... pay attention. Additionally, if you are so naive as to not be aware of the many pilot deaths in hotel rooms and by suicide, I just can't help anyone that naive. Get a clue and do some personal research.