View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 02:42 AM
FoxHunter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2005
Position: Retired
Default Special Executive Retirement Plan

Originally Posted by FamilyATM View Post
I would like to suggest that interested crew members review the FedEx 2015 Proxy Statement starting on page 45. I believe you may find the answer to why the corporation is never going to increase the $260,000 cap. The corporation maintains only one plan for everyone covered by the "Pension Plan" which we refer to as our "A-Plan". Page 45 will explain: "FedEx maintains a tax-qualified, defined benefit pension plan called the FedEx Corporation Employees' Pension Plan (the “Pension Plan”)." So if they change the cap for us they change it for everyone and they are not going to do that. The executives have found a way to work around the $260,000 cap through the "Parity Plan". Again refer to the Proxy Statement page 45: "FedEx also maintains a supplemental, non-tax-qualified plan called the FedEx Corporation Retirement Parity Pension Plan (the “Parity Plan”). Benefits under the Parity Plan are general, unsecured obligations of FedEx." Which we would refer as a "B-Plan" but with cash over cap. You want to see improvement in retirement, this is the avenue to pursue. But to many refuse to even entertain the thought. The company has been telling us since 2003 but we just haven't been listening.
I believe FamilyATM is on the right track but these Executive Pensions would never be available for employees.

These Executive Retirement Plans have no benefit limits and are not funded. When reported the liability is lumped together with the normal pension plans so an over funded pension plan may appear underfunded. These non funded Executive plans have been used to show employees at numerous US Corporations reasons to reduce or eliminate their pensions. It sound like it in now working with FedEx pilots.
http://www.jec.senate.gov/archive/Do...s06oct2005.pdf