View Single Post
Old 10-01-2015, 06:38 PM
Bill Kilgore
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: Huey Gunship

Originally Posted by Sluggo_63 View Post
How many Captains/FO's do we have earning that rate vs. the other airlines? I'm guessing a full 70% of our crew force is getting WB rates vs. maybe 20% at the other carriers.
Quick look at the numbers here on APC (admittedly not official but probably close) reveals the following:

Delta: Top rate - $270 at year 12. Currently 4% of the aircraft in their fleet qualify for this rate.

United: Top rate - $262 at year 12. Currently 18% of the aircraft in their fleet qualify for this rate.

American: Top rate $299 at year 12. Currently 0% of the aircraft in their fleet qualify for this rate (no A380 or B747). Top rate for aircraft they operate - $285 at year 12 (B777). Currently 12% of the aircraft they operate qualify for that rate.

UPS: Top rate $263 at year 15. All airplanes qualify for this rate due to their awesome pay structure.

FedEx TA rates for Nov 2015: Top rate $286.67 at year 15 ($278.94 at year 12). Looking at the most recent fleet updates on PFC (or VIPS I'm not sure but Tony will correct me if I'm wrong ) Approximately 71% of the airplanes here qualify for that rate.

I'm not anal enough to read all the updates for each airline concerning future aircraft deliveries, but I think it's not a stretch to assume that the percentages of the pax carriers won't change dramatically. Our percentage will probably go down as 757's replace some A310 and 300 routes. But certainly not down to the levels of the Legacy carriers. There's many valid reasons to argue against this TA, but I think it's a bit of a reach to say our NC is being misleading about industry leading pay. I'd love it to be higher, but collectively it seems our group is compensated much higher than other pilot groups (UPS will stay close to us I'm guessing).