Thread: AMRG
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 04:42 PM
the iconoclast
New Hire

Joined APC: Oct 2015

Originally Posted by Offwidth View Post
Definitely a 135 operator in every aspect.

I was shocked at the non or negative training from Flightsafety in Wichita. It was the worst training I have ever seen.

The AMRG IOE guy belittled me every chance he could, which was kinda funny... But not that funny...
He has now advanced to a Chief spot of some sort in ANC, which might tell you something about the culture of this outfit.

I was given 35 minutes notice for my 6 month checkride.

MX is questionable, and pretty soon more of these planes will end up in the mountains. The MX guys will try to get you to fly with broken equipment, in the mountains, in the winter. I sincerely hope that the Feds start looking closer.

On a positive note, the medics I flew with out of my little town were top notch, and very good at their trade.

Current CP in Utah is a stand up guy, and will back you up with any issues. I refuse to vouch for anybody else...

Pay was mostly on time. No vacation, no retirement, health care was a funny racket...

Glad to be moving on. Good luck out there!
All true...but there's more....

This company is riddled with mormon nepotism, greed and abject incompetence on countless levels.

They just canned a senior VP that was perhaps one of the most clueless in their odd cabal. She was perhaps the best example of one the most uneducated, miserably inept managers ever to hold such a position at a EMS operation the size of AMRG.

They also quietly pushed out an almost equally incompetent Director of Ops. This guy was an idiot who's claim to significance was an online BA degree from Embry Riddle. This poor stooge couldn't find his way through a typical 135 ops set of op specs to save his life. Even his POI regarded him as a moron. A total zero.

These people let their aircraft assets remain grounded for extended periods of time while the owner haggles over pennies with vendors. Stumbling over countless thousands of $$$ trying to save chump change is their accounting model.

On the medical side, their accounting rapes their customer base in overbilling.

This company is a scam run by soul-less sociopaths at the top level hiding behind a weird hypocritical cult-facade that is mormonism and guiltless greed.

It's simply a matter of time before this den of thieves implode.

Remember, this is no longer 2008 economy. There are far better places to work for.

These people are evil.

Stay away.