View Single Post
Old 10-03-2015, 07:17 AM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by FDXLAG View Post
PW

There is enough in the TA that concerns me. I suspect Raptor is probably right and it is like a baggage fee or an internat charge. Something the company will pick up on its on.

One of the reasons I deviate is I like to pick the airline and seat. I would probably do it if I lived in Memphis. Just like I never accepted the 1st dental appointment they assigned me in the Air Force I never fly scheduled on principle. So I am the wrong guy to ask about accepting a crappy scheduled ticket on frontier.
Many people who live in Memphis deviate on the back end. They either catch the jumpseat, or book a flight on the airline of their choice. If they take the crappy Frontier flight, it will be on the front end, so they don't have to risk the deviation. However, they could do the planning and take the effort that deviators do, to book themselves a more acceptable flight.
Or they could grab a FedEx jumpseat, or not even bid for deadheads. Last thing I believe Memphis dwellers are going to complain about is the unfairness of this issue. They can bid and schedule their deadheads to have a bank like the rest of us do.

However, if PolicyWonk was a FedEx pilot, he would know all this.