Old 10-05-2015, 06:38 PM
MaxKts
Part Time Employee

Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: Dispersing Green House Gasses on a Global Basis

Originally Posted by Rock View Post
An after action report does not imply death or failure. A post-mortem is done after death or failure. The two are about as synomous as "examination" and "autopsy". And why even bring up a difference between military and civilian? I consider us all FedEx pilots. But then again, I also don't consider pilots having shaken faith in each other to be an advantage for us.
AS obviously assumes that whether the TA passes or fails, the process has been a failure. Personally, I plan to wait for the vote to close before I make that decision. But "leading from behind" AS is already writing an epitaph for us. There are solid and productive advocates for a no vote on this TA. AS is neither.
Her paragraph starts out with "After TA ratification or rejection we need to analyze what went wrong." alluding to some type of failure as you have said yourself. Post-Mortem would be an appropriate term for analyzing a failure and I think there are many who believe the process has been a failure! Also, I have read many after action reports that involved death or failure!