View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 06:45 AM
FlyByNite
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: Captain

Originally Posted by FDXBUSCAPT View Post
Nope, only if you volunteer for STV. If you are inversed, it is only one month. According to JL's email, "Any STV bid can last up to 3 months. If you bid on it, whatever the time specified is what you’ll serve. However, if no one wants to go, then the inverse portion will be kept to a minimum. The standard term for inversing will be one month."

YGBSM...If you think that JL's email will override a ratified LOA, I would think again. It's in there for 3 months, and they have the ability to use it for three months. Can't you see 18 months from now instead of calling it a "standard inverse term", they will call it a "special inverse term" and you can pack your bags for 90 days away from your home and family. The LOA is weak, and there is no way I'm going to vote for anything that will let them ship me off the HKG for three months. JL is not a friend of the line pilot. He sat on the company side during negotiations and was the author of emails such as "Horse crap" and "Witch Hunt". How many times has he been wrong? Lots, remember all the wrong gouge he kept putting out on the MOAB?