Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

Welcome to Airline Pilot Forums - Connect and get the inside scoop on Airline Companies

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. Join our community today and start interacting with existing members. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.


User Tag List

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #1  
Gets Weekends Off
Thread Starter
 
Albief15's Avatar
 
Joined APC: May 2006
Posts: 2,625
Default Interesting phone call

Got a dinner call tonight from a MEM ACP who said he'll be posting here later. Don't know if that means "later tonight" or later this week. Says he will use his real name, and urge us to do the same.

He and the other ACPs were concerned about names/IDs placed on a thread earlier. While here--he read a lot of our concerns about the LOA.

I won't steal his thunder tongiht with his name or his points--but (hopefully) he'll be here soon to give his take. Should be interesting.

Obviously, if wonder who I am, Albief15 ain't very tough to figure out. If you just really want to throw a spear at me you can read about me at emeraldcoastinterviewconsulting.com then VIPS me. I was one of the guys running my mouth at the last ALPA hub meeting--hopefully sounding (reasonably) professional and not just some shrill voice whining from the peanut gallery.

Moral of the story is if you post like you talk--shouldn't matter. I stand by everything I've posted here (okay...probably 95%...even someone trying to do it right can say something dorked up sometimes...) and I think the tone I've taken with everyone indicates we can talk professionally. If your ballsy enough to step and say "here I am, and here's what I think....", you may have an ACP on the thread with you soon. If you think there is nothing to gain to revealing your identity--that's your call--these are message boards and you can remain incognito. Just remember--whatever you post--its read, noticed, and discussed at both ALPA and those cubicles behind the wall at the AOC.

I guess a side comment is that for all the "this is gonna pass and you internet guys are off in lala land....", at least someone is listening. Should be an interesting vote.

As for me--I'll say it again--make SVT no more than 30 days and you might get my vote. This ACP--I like him--and believe it or not I generally trust him (if I tell you why it will compromise his ID). However--I gotta ask....if you ain't gonna send anyone more than 30 days, why not just put it in writing?
Albief15 is offline  
Old 07-14-2007, 09:47 PM   #2  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: 767 FO
Posts: 7,981
Default

Because the ACP's don't sign the checks or have the last word. See "catching up with a deadhead" or "accepted fares" from the SCP roughly 2 years ago.

His intentions may be honorable but if it aint been lawyered it aint true.

Last edited by FDXLAG; 07-14-2007 at 09:59 PM.
FDXLAG is offline  
Old 07-14-2007, 10:00 PM   #3  
Gets Weekends Off
 
42GO's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jul 2006
Position: MD-11 Capt
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
Got a dinner call tonight from a MEM ACP who said he'll be posting here later. Don't know if that means "later tonight" or later this week. Says he will use his real name, and urge us to do the same.

He and the other ACPs were concerned about names/IDs placed on a thread earlier. While here--he read a lot of our concerns about the LOA.

I won't steal his thunder tongiht with his name or his points--but (hopefully) he'll be here soon to give his take. Should be interesting.

Obviously, if wonder who I am, Albief15 ain't very tough to figure out. If you just really want to throw a spear at me you can read about me at emeraldcoastinterviewconsulting.com then VIPS me. I was one of the guys running my mouth at the last ALPA hub meeting--hopefully sounding (reasonably) professional and not just some shrill voice whining from the peanut gallery.

Moral of the story is if you post like you talk--shouldn't matter. I stand by everything I've posted here (okay...probably 95%...even someone trying to do it right can say something dorked up sometimes...) and I think the tone I've taken with everyone indicates we can talk professionally. If your ballsy enough to step and say "here I am, and here's what I think....", you may have an ACP on the thread with you soon. If you think there is nothing to gain to revealing your identity--that's your call--these are message boards and you can remain incognito. Just remember--whatever you post--its read, noticed, and discussed at both ALPA and those cubicles behind the wall at the AOC.

I guess a side comment is that for all the "this is gonna pass and you internet guys are off in lala land....", at least someone is listening. Should be an interesting vote.

As for me--I'll say it again--make SVT no more than 30 days and you might get my vote. This ACP--I like him--and believe it or not I generally trust him (if I tell you why it will compromise his ID). However--I gotta ask....if you ain't gonna send anyone more than 30 days, why not just put it in writing?
I have to say I have disagreed with you on many things, but on this you are right ...I hope he sees the light....
42GO is offline  
Old 07-14-2007, 10:08 PM   #4  
Gets Weekends Off
 
de727ups's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: UPS 757/767 Capt ONT
Posts: 4,348
Default

I'm not sure this is the proper forum for a management guy to "address the troops".

I can say if this was about Brown and a Brown management guy came on here, he would need to be careful how he came across. A hot shot management guy gets no more respect here than 500 hour Xjet new hire. That's how the internet works.

This isn't the place for a "come to Jesus" talk from managment, if that's what might happen. If your managment guy wants to come here with an open mind seeking information, input, and a forum to express his opinion, then more power to him. If he comes here to intimidate or coerce on behalf of his employer, well, that's not gonna go over to well with those of us who help run this place....speaking only for myself, of course.

You Fedex guys kinda run your own deal here at APC. It's low threat and requires little moderation input, outside the recent problemo. I'm kinda hoping we can keep it that way....
de727ups is offline  
Old 07-14-2007, 11:52 PM   #5  
Avoiding Memphis
 
pilot141's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2005
Position: Intl Feeder Jet
Posts: 467
Default

de727ups you know you guys have a different deal over at UPS.

Our management guys come from the line, and at one point every one of them has sat in an ugly seat here. So even though they might drink the Kool-Aid they were line guys at one point.

I'm willing to wait for Albie's guy to come out and show himself.
pilot141 is offline  
Old 07-15-2007, 03:24 AM   #6  
Gets Weekends Off
 
CaptainMark's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: FDX A300 CPT
Posts: 966
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
Got a dinner call tonight from a MEM ACP who said he'll be posting here later. Don't know if that means "later tonight" or later this week. Says he will use his real name, and urge us to do the same.

He and the other ACPs were concerned about names/IDs placed on a thread earlier. While here--he read a lot of our concerns about the LOA.

I won't steal his thunder tongiht with his name or his points--but (hopefully) he'll be here soon to give his take. Should be interesting.

Obviously, if wonder who I am, Albief15 ain't very tough to figure out. If you just really want to throw a spear at me you can read about me at emeraldcoastinterviewconsulting.com then VIPS me. I was one of the guys running my mouth at the last ALPA hub meeting--hopefully sounding (reasonably) professional and not just some shrill voice whining from the peanut gallery.

Moral of the story is if you post like you talk--shouldn't matter. I stand by everything I've posted here (okay...probably 95%...even someone trying to do it right can say something dorked up sometimes...) and I think the tone I've taken with everyone indicates we can talk professionally. If your ballsy enough to step and say "here I am, and here's what I think....", you may have an ACP on the thread with you soon. If you think there is nothing to gain to revealing your identity--that's your call--these are message boards and you can remain incognito. Just remember--whatever you post--its read, noticed, and discussed at both ALPA and those cubicles behind the wall at the AOC.

I guess a side comment is that for all the "this is gonna pass and you internet guys are off in lala land....", at least someone is listening. Should be an interesting vote.

As for me--I'll say it again--make SVT no more than 30 days and you might get my vote. This ACP--I like him--and believe it or not I generally trust him (if I tell you why it will compromise his ID). However--I gotta ask....if you ain't gonna send anyone more than 30 days, why not just put it in writing?
albie..i have had a similar discussion with my bud in the chain and the search for sluggo is on..that was totally wrong...and like i posted on the other threads if they limit STV to 1 month..it will go senior!
CaptainMark is offline  
Old 07-15-2007, 05:57 AM   #7  
Gets Weekends Off
 
FedExBusBoy's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Bus Driver
Posts: 521
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMark View Post
albie..i have had a similar discussion with my bud in the chain and the search for sluggo is on..that was totally wrong...and like i posted on the other threads if they limit STV to 1 month..it will go senior!
That just can't be right Mark......don't you think ALPA would have signed up for something that benefited senior guys?!?
FedExBusBoy is offline  
Old 07-15-2007, 07:04 AM   #8  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Joined APC: Sep 2006
Posts: 329
Default 1 Month STV?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExBusBoy View Post
That just can't be right Mark......don't you think ALPA would have signed up for something that benefited senior guys?!?
You guys crack me up even considering 1 month STV. We already have that and it's name is SIBA. There are NO productivity gains or cost savings associated with a one month STV. Lets look only at CDG because it provides the least benefit to the company:

1 Month STV/2 Month STV/3 Month STV
DH Cost = (5200) / (5200) / (5200)
Extra Hotel = (2100) / (4200) / (6300)
Extra Per Diem = (1021) / (2042) / (3063)
Prod Gains = 5119 / 10,238 / 15,357
Value (3202) / (1204) / 794

The extra hotel is based on $150/day for the days off they would have to buy (used 14 days). The Prod Gains are productivity gains the company gets from doing this. I used 4 days (WB Capt pay) and assumed a 4 week bid month to be conservative. I didn't include the coach tickets as they happen no matter the duration. It doesn't matter which pay rate you use, as you can see, the longer they keep you there, the more to their advantage. If you still think the company will consider a "1 month STV", let me know. I've got some land to sell...

Last edited by av8rmike; 07-15-2007 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Difficult to read columns in previous format
av8rmike is offline  
Old 07-15-2007, 07:14 AM   #9  
Gets Weekends Off
 
fedupbusdriver's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: A300/310 Capt
Posts: 1,636
Default

Exactly my point on the other thread.

In hkg, you also have to add the extra credit hrs paid for each ground deadhead to start and end each trip. If the gnd DH is just over 3 hrs each way, then every time they put you to work costs them 2hrs of gnd DH on each end ( .5 for every 1hr, or portion there of). The 2.5 max pay would only be a factor if it was an out and back. They will run up against max blg problems with this if they try to give you short 1-2 day trips, throughout the month. The only way it is an advantage to the company is to send you for the entire 3 months.
fedupbusdriver is offline  
Old 07-15-2007, 07:50 AM   #10  
Gets Weekends Off
 
Micro's Avatar
 
Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Drinking from the fire hose
Posts: 305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post
As for me--I'll say it again--make SVT no more than 30 days and you might get my vote. This ACP--I like him--and believe it or not I generally trust him (if I tell you why it will compromise his ID). However--I gotta ask....if you ain't gonna send anyone more than 30 days, why not just put it in writing?
Albief, I agree that more people need to stand up for what they think at these hub metings whether the MEC likes it or not. I also applaud your "coming out of the closet" on your ID. While I don't have a website anyone who wants to know who I am can e-mail me anytime. I have no problem voicing my opinion to the MEC at any meeting.
I do think it's shortsighted to think that if they just fix the STV that this LOA would be acceptable. The STV fix MIGHT get a few senior guys to bid it up front but then what??? THere are too many problems with the rest of the LOA. Health care, Housing, houshold goods move, "seed" money and education. Unless the entire LOA is fixed I won't vote for it. Plain and simple, it's either good or bad. Like someone else said "it's putting lipstick on a pig"
Micro is offline  
 
 
 

 
Post Reply
 



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Long Haul Questions Savannahguy Cargo 9 03-02-2006 01:29 PM
Mesaba pilots give union the OK to call a strike dash trash Regional 1 02-27-2006 08:50 PM
Tower, here's your phone # to call! otter Regional 11 02-09-2006 01:24 PM
Is your Sprint phone under warranty...LOOK dhc8fo Hangar Talk 1 01-10-2006 07:03 PM


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:40 PM.