View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 05:13 PM
gettinbumped
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008
Position: A320 Cap

Originally Posted by Thor
We'll have to look back and make our best rearview mirror guess at some future date as scope isn't on the table. After reading the MEC resolution that removes the negotiating committees ability to discuss scope, IF a TA made it to membership ratification with scope changes can you imagine the ****storm? I think you'd see a DAL TA style meltdown with recall attempts and resignations.

You'd have to assign a valuation to scope, and it's constituent parts, for any meaningful get/give analysis. I don't think that's possible.
I agree with you Thor. I think the MEC's inclusion of a refusal to discuss Sec 1 will render this entire discussion moot. I can't see an agreement happening without that discussion. I'm not sure I would agree that you would have to assign a valuation to be able to determine whether a scope change is a give or a get. Scope is maneuvered in almost every Section 6, and sometimes thinking outside the box a little can yield some decent results (Scope Choke). It would have been interesting to see if there was a way through that would benefit us, but I don't think we will get past the initial discussion stages of an extension