Thread: New TA
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 07:22 AM
dragon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dismayed

Originally Posted by pileit View Post
There absolutely IS an answer. What package including QOL, sick, retirement and pay increases would garner a YES vote from you? You should be able to type those answers in 2 minutes.

10% DOS, 5% in each of the out years - minimum, I would prefer if they matched FedEx and took a hard look at SWA 737 rates and extrapolate for our long haul ops.

Profit Sharing - keep your hands off it. If it must be monetized, it comes AFTER any raise not in lieu of one. No more "cost neutral" contracts.

Sick leave - leave it alone, add in the gains from TA15 (FAA leave and disability gains)

Retirement - 1% more for each year of the contract

QOL - training, vacation and Min day should all be 6 hours. If I do anything for the company, I get 6.

There are other things and here is where I'll diverge from others, I can be paid like the execs - stock, options etc to keep if from the other employee groups and WS.

Now the tough part, how to get it. We've done the first item, let them know their offer wasn't good enough but they have to realize what we do for the operation to keep them reliable and on time - on the base visit video Network says they view that as a product. Further we'll need to start being aggressive - start informational ads and perhaps picketing. We also can't allow the company to keep spinning things like the FedEx TA without a response. Where was our outraged answer to Mr Anderson's threat of 3 July?

Last edited by dragon; 10-23-2015 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Profit Sharing