View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 01:20 PM
MD11HOG
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: MD11 F/O

Originally Posted by memhubturn View Post
I am a MEM 757 FO with a 2017 MEM 767 "differences training" date. The training letter indicates the company is putting new hires directly into the MEM 767 starting in Jan of next year. I assumed everyone in my position would start receiving passover pay once the first new hire activated but I have heard a rumor that the company does not see it that way. Since the new hires will be enrolled in "initial" training and I will be in "differences" training, passover pay is not given because they are different training courses. I haven't talked to the union yet...just wondering if anyone had any insight.

Thanks
It's not a rumor. That is the company position and our Association has started the grievance process. Some guys are already being "harmed" from the last bid in 2014. I am opposite of your situation and the company will train 757C junior to me for differences training 767C and make me wait on initial for the 767C. They want it both ways and don't want to pay passover either way.
Eric in contract enforcement helped write the grievance and envisions us cleaning up outstanding grievances including this one soon.