View Single Post
Old 10-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Check Complete
Banned

Joined APC: Apr 2010

Originally Posted by FirstClass View Post
paallleeeezzzz. This isn't even a true story. Here's the real story. You guys are so gullible I swear, no wonder pilots are so mistreated. I can't stand it how dumb some people are (not you of course).

Skywest Management: We want you to jumpseat on another airline to training.

Pilot: Ok no problem.

Pilot to management: I tried to jumpseat to training but

a.) The jumpseat was full
b.) The captain refused

Management: Ok thanks for trying, we'll just have to start deadheading you now.

I mean come on, risk missing training events etc.. think about what you are even saying.

It doesn't happen all the time but, YES, it does happen.

I flew with an FO that had his second leg to a training event cancel. When he called the training dept to say he wasn't going to make it, they said they could not PS him on the other brand because of his domicile and they could not SA him because the flight was full. So he was asked to request the jump seat by the MANAGER of the training dept scheduling to get to his training assignment on time.

Ya, it's happening.

In my case a richard cranium MANAGER from flight ops in SGU took the JS for a meeting he had to be at because the company"forgot" to PS him. (he was at the gate ahead of me and is senior to me)

SkyWest just announced they made major coin last quarter but I have never heard, ever, of them buying space on a plane for a pilot.

My point is that SkyWest doesn't even PS back from training. They should never be asking for the JS on any mainline for their company business.

Justify it all you want, it happens, but it's wrong!