View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 05:09 PM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by FlyBoyd View Post

My bad...I didn't use landmarks and the address of the bus stop...just an intersection on the map. I guess I could have just had Tony stand at the corner and tell people to turn when they see the assho!e.

As they say, no good deed goes unpunished.

Hey, if you can tell me where Portia St. intersects Democrat Rd., I'll cop to your moniker for me. I'd really like to see that map.

I grew up here and went to weekly Civil Air Patrol meetings on the old TANG base long before this new outfit called Federal Express started swallowing up airport real estate, and I've never heard of Portia St. The parking lot entrance is not at a street intersection anyway; to the north is the gate for the parking lot, and to the south is what used to be the main gate for the Tennessee Air National Guard base.

Still, I did a little digging for Portia St. in Memphis. If you take Republican Dr. south from Democrat Rd., about 400' south you'll find a stub that runs west to Hurricane Creek, then runs south alongside the creek to the intersection of Sprankle Ave. and Independent Drive. That's 1,600' of pavement that doesn't touch Democrat Rd., and is nowhere near the parking lot in question. If you present your airline ID to the gate guard on Portia St. and ask about Jumpseater parking, you're likely to get a blank stare. On the other hand, if you're driving an 18-wheeler full of FedEx freight, they can tell you where to put it.

If my offering more detailed information offends you, please feel free to add me to your ignore list. I still might consider letting you ride on the jumpseat, anyway.