View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 06:19 PM
SpecialTracking
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by Probe View Post
I usually agree with you, but not here. How does full section 6 negotiations somehow create more leverage?

If we are still negotiating past the amendable date (usually by years!!!!) the company is the one with the leverage. They are saving big $$$$ every day we are negotiating. WE get coerced into another substandard contract because - we are tired of being underpaid.
I'm willing to hear the offer, but I don't think the final product will be enough for me to vote in favor of extending a jcba born from a bankruptcy contract. Section 6 will not create more leverage but will make available the areas in need of improvement versus the topics the company wishes to discuss. They came to us. That in itself cost them more $$ then what I would accept. That $$ can be translated into a contract on time, or a costlier contract after the amendable date. When the company wants something, time moves at warp speed. Although not on the same scale, remember bankruptcy and how fast the contract was shoved down our throats and implemented?

I think we all have a great opportunity in the future for our contract. It might be in the form if an extension or not. The one truth in this is if we stand together and keep our eye on the goal, we will benefit more than not.