View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 10:31 AM
FLY6584
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: 737 right

^^^Everything he said, but let me elaborate more on the preventative care. I am married with a 3 year old child so I was worried about the well baby/child visits. I called and spoke to my sons Pediatricians office and they explained to me that a normal flat rate out of pocket well visit is $110, but that doesn't include shots. So then I asked how much does his 4 year visit cost which has a considerable amounts of shots and she said about $850, however, she explained to me that because we have health insurance that does not cover preventative care we were eligible to take our son to the health department for all of his shots free of charge. So my next question was does your income affect eligibility and then she explained to me that in Florida it is not income based and you are eligible if your insurance plan does not cover preventative care.

My recommendation is do the research and talk to your docs. It was a no brainier for us and we went with the Regular Plan which will save us a ton. Just keep in mind the HR folks will push the other plans and won't tell you anything about the Regular Plan. They didn't necessarily bad mouth the Regular Plan, but they didn't have anything good to say about it. Apparently the Regular Plan is a pre Obama care plan that the company wants to get rid of because it costs them a lot, but the Union fights to keep it for us so do your research and use it folks! I don't want to see the Regular Plan go away! It really is a superior plan MOST of the time.