View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 08:01 AM
baseball
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2013

Originally Posted by Probe View Post
And we finally made it back to that contract, pay wise. Vacation override is gone forever, and PBS is here to stay.
PBS is the concession that keeps on giving. It was grossly under-valued by the union when it was sold to us (by both the union and the company). I am not willing to concede anything related to PBS.

However, if it is here to stay, it will have to be greatly improved upon. We need our union to demand an adequate staffing formula. I keep hearing about the need for reserve improvements. I agree too. However, it we adressed it in PBS it would translate into the daily lives. Ie. reserve coverage increases should be addressed. this would help us staff a set or minimum number to cover the various departure slots/gates. No way should we see 8 short calls a month. I think it starts with PBS and how reserve lines are built and awareded and the number of pilots on reserve. Remember the 10% reserve minimum compliment? Let's get back to that.

why is vacation over-ride gone forever? I don't understand this logic. Just demand it, or at least demand vacation be worth more time. I think our vacation time is tremendously under-valued.