View Single Post
Old 12-04-2015, 08:48 AM
littlefuz
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Default Republic after the contract

Hi, my background is 11 years corporate and hoping to get on with a major airline. Current job is 135 on call with a very varied and unknown schedule. I live in Pittsburgh and now, with a new contract, and with increased pay among other things, taking a second look at republic. No calls from the majors so my thinking is that getting some 121 time could help my resume.
I have read the republic threads and how management has some real problems. I have more than 2000 hours turbine PIC time so the upgrade is not my first goal. Looking for better quality of life with some type of schedule and getting some 121 experience on my resume.
So what are your thoughts especially from current republic pilots. Is pit junior? Is the 170/175 possible for new hires? What is realistic take home pay for the first year? Days off? Health insurance for my wife, son and I? Probably is a step back for me. 5100 tt but trying to get a call from a major and better quality of life. I should also state that republic wouldn't be my first choice because I hear commuting is terrible. This is why i am giving them a second look. Thoughts?