View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Gearslinger01
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2013
Position: E-170/175 CA

Originally Posted by squib View Post
Unfortunately your "real" numbers are not actually 100% realistic. What company pays per diem to guys from the start to the end of their reserve sequence which you are implying?

You only get per diem while on a trip, and you certainly are not starting a trip at 0001 day one of reserve and ending at 2359 at the end of it. A realistic average for per diem is 250 hours a month for both a reserve and line holder.
If I was implying that you were paid per Diem from start to finish of your reserve period I would have said that you could expect to get 450 hours of per Diem because that roughly is how long they own you here per 31 day month.

250/24 is roughly 10.5 solid days away from base. I am guessing you don't work at Republic. Our reserves are used everyday (almost). It has been a few years since I have been on reserve but for me I would bid 6 day blocks because I commuted and all but one time I was out the entire 6 days. With only 12 days off in a 31 day month (19 days of reserve) I garentee you that they will use you more than a solid 10.5 days.

As a line holder I am currently on a 4 day that is 85:23 TAFB. If I did 4 of these trips a month (which I usually do) that would be about 341 TAFB.

This is the truth at republic but your airline might be different.