View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 02:19 PM
John Carr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2013

To the OP, piling onto pilotgolfer's point, keep this in mind. For right here, and right now, there's A LOT of guys that aren't even getting through the HPI. Let alone even get selected to even take the thing. While they're not selecting/getting nixed by the HPI they're getting hired at (insert other good job here) and well on their way to having just as good, if not a BETTER career.

It's kind of/sort of like a hot chick telling you, "I'm gonna divorce my husband in a few years, I'd like to date you, But I won't date till the divorce is final, will you wait for me?"

And it's safe to say that of the (insert XX,XXX) of apps they have on file, there's easily thousands that are available TODAY, TOMORROW, NEXT WEEK, NEXT MONTH, and in the NEXT SIX MONTHS. And those pilots come from BOTH mil and civ backgrounds. Lot's of boxes checked, job fairs, meet and greet (or two), etc. I run into more and more. What the process will be in a few years, who knows?

Given UAL's lack of forethought in general, it's amazing they're looking that far down the road.

And for anyone that want's to retort with "pilot shortage", ummmmmm, yeahhhhhhhh.........