View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 12:04 AM
Dave Fitzgerald
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: 777

Originally Posted by b52dthdlr View Post
hysterical. so you choose a temporary anomaly that affects less than 250 pilots to make your point. not very convincing. not a new hire... 28 years at legacy UAL after 10 months at legacy CAL (yes I quit after I was called from the UAL pool), nearly 1000 numbers senior to the legacy CAL guys I started with in 1987 after the ISL. how's that for having a long term view?
You said,
Originally Posted by b52dthdlr View Post
being a newbie on reserve is right of passage.... being a reserve widebody FO or any reserve CAPT is a bad quality of life decision that is no one's problem but the person making that choice......period
New hire or not, I chose that particular example because I am familiar with it. Just because reserve sucked when you were on it the last time, does not mean that we have to endure that burden now. nd no, sometimes you don't have a choice, as illustrated in my example.

And I took you to task for proffering absolutes in an industry rife with uncertainties. (Wow, lots of big words in there.) Many of our young padawans, and apparently our older senior coworkers, should never say never, and never say always in this business.