View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 06:21 AM
Flytolive
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2010

Originally Posted by b52dthdlr View Post
silly post really. if you think the majority of pilots are going to sacrifice a substantial pay raise for the selfish few raised by the worst in our industry you are about to be sadly disappointed. I have refrained for years from posting, but since the merger I have seen a rise in selfish, self-interested posts by whom I suspect are south pilots. can't hold my tongue any longer..... and again, your "example" is a temporary anomaly.... even if the age rule changes again (it probably will given what China, Canada, an Japan have done) the total number of pilots affected will still be less than 20% at most....
What is silly is you calling others selfish.

Even though I think our reserve system is much improved over years back it can be significantly better, often times with minor tweaks, along with much of the rest of our contract. What is clear is that far too many of us want to do the company's labor strategy work by dividing the pilot group into special interests. We need to stop that and realize that this is a team sport and that if we don't act accordingly we will all lose.