Gets Weekends Off
Thunder1
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jul 2008
  • Position
    737 Right
[QUOTE=PikeAV8R;2026010]I work for a yellow bus company and I keep hearing from guys about how great our quality of life is and how much better we have it than some of the legacy carriers for days off and schedule. Supposedly that is making up for our dismal pay rates compared to others. I have talked to friends that work for Alaska, Delta, and American and find that some of the time I do get more days off than they do but often my pay lags considerably. I'm just curious to find out from you guys what your real life numbers look like to make an accurate comparison of pay vs quality of life so that we can get a contract we deserve and not be an anchor for the rest of the industry comparison. I'm hoping these number can help everyone take a more realistic look at the number instead of just assumptions. Here are my numbers to make the comparison I am looking for:
1) Airline employer
2) Equipment
3) Relative Seniority for base biding (where you averaged your bid throughout the year)
4) How many days you worked
5) How many overnights you had
6) How many hours you blocked
7) Expected gross income

1) Southwest - 4th year F/O
2) The only choice - 737
3) 73% domicile seniority
4) 179 days worked
5) 102 nights in a hotel
6) 821 hours -- ouch that hurts
7) Gross Income (Pay, 401K match, Profit sharing, Per Diem) = $225,540
(only assumption is 15% PS which we will find out early 2016; most think it will be AT LEAST 15% this year)

Great money for a 4th year F/O but I definitely flew the hours to earn it. Didn't even realize I flew so many this year until I pulled up the electronic logbook that SWAPA keeps on the union website. 2 kids in college -- it ain't cheap!