Thread: Envoy Lies
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 07:38 AM
ag386
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2015

If I had some QOL on this beat the crap out of me reserve schedule, maybe, maybe I might be a bit more optimistic. If the company wants new hires so badly, why treat the reserves in the manner in which they do? I commute, I have to, my wife has a job that pays the bills while I make my 37/hr poverty wages. If we were to move to my base, there's no guarantee that she could get the 65k job she has that allows flexibility to pick up our kid from school.

4am starts on day one and it never fails that on the last day they magically come up with something for me to do after sitting in the pad for a few days doing nothing. I fly the last day and don't get done in time to make the commute home. It happens almost every single reserve block without fail.

I just couldn't take all this RAH RAH Envoy is great without letting you guys know that it isn't the utopia here that many make it out to be. Our union is totally worthless. They won't fix reserve and are trying to give the company a satellite base because they jumped the gun on closing it down. As if that wasn't enough of a slap in the face, now that RAH can't get the job done they want us to fill in until RAH can get their act together. Then they take it all away again. Why do you think that Satellite LOA is worded that way allowing the company to shut it down within 60 days with just a written notice?

Management is just pulling these best case scenario rosy picture numbers out of their behind and publishing them to get new hires to come here. I absolutely do NOT believe that there will be a 2.5 year upgrade here within the next 5 years. Really ever honestly. Seriously, with the rate and numbers posted on vacancy bids, can you see even 150 new CA slots each year for the next 5 years? Because that's what it would take to get to a 2.5 year upgrade.