Old 12-19-2015, 11:10 AM
gojo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2010

Originally Posted by MrStl View Post
The numbers are recent but they must only be for the last month or 2. They say year to date but when does their calculation year start. Since they are both government contractors they might be based upon the government's fiscal year.

So lets assume they are only for the last month. What if the problems continue for another month or 2? Does Gojet have enough pilots? How can they say upgrade will be in 12 to 18 months if they have no growth unless the top half of the seniority list is mostly gone in 12 to 18 months?

Going with the New Scheduling System Explanation above: If I were Delta or United I would be asking, "What type of company makes a major scheduling change like this without first running the new system along side the old system? What type of company switches to a new system without keeping the old system up and ready to go in case the new system does not work?" Will United or Delta really be wanting to give additional flying to a company that just did this? Is the 12 to 18 month upgrade projection based upon the hope of getting more flying from Delta and/or United which may not come after this "fiasco"?

Yes, 20 more planes at Gojet would make a huge difference while nobody would notice at Skywest. But can Gojet show that they can get the pilots so that they can get the contracts? Please tell me, is anyone showing up for their classes? How many are showing up. Could someone who has been there 4 months to a year let us know how many people they have below and how much they have moved up? I'm heard that Gojet does not put out a list except for maybe once a year?

Please, talk me into Gojet. A friend might have a recruitment bonus riding on the power of you all to convince me.
It's GoJet, enough said. Look at their entire history and you'll see it's not just the last couple months. Albeit, it migh be a little worse. I can't even count the times my deadhead on GoJet turned a 14 hour or so overnight into a 10 or 11 hour overnight.