View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 07:48 PM
Rock
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

Originally Posted by machz990 View Post
My first class ticket was issued on 20NOV for travel on 20DEC. Several variables here so I don't think my fare or class should be used for reference. This was a mid-trip scheduled D/H from HNL - SFO so short flight with block over 5 hours. 3-class aircraft out of HNL are rare, usually 2-class aircraft. This was UAL and they are bumping some fares to first but usually it's domestic coach tickets to first. The captain I flew with picked up the trip just a couple days before the trip started and he got first class also. Business would have qualified so probably got first due to UAL or maybe Global travel didn't know this was a 3-class aircraft and simply booked first. Ticket was around $650 so not a high fare.
Written like a true grizzled veteran of the deadhead game. Your post underlines all the complexities involved in the deadhead side of our contract and lifestyle. It's an important quality of life issue for me. I never...never... trust Global Travel without cross checking their work. Usually, they do a great job. But it is very rare that I can't figure out a better solution for my personal preferences. So I deviate. A lot. For me, it's worth my time and effort. And until I prove otherwise, I believe the flexibility in the new CBA will actually work very well to my advantage.