View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 06:20 AM
2cylinderdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Originally Posted by Albief15 View Post

My latest realization that we need to have things in writing? I did 5 days in a hotel on a week long pairing a few months back. I signed up for internet service and put it on company credit card. Lost a receipt for 2 days worth of internet service... Admin folks were in hub the other day helping with expense reports, and I was advised I could A) send a letter to my CP requesting approval for expense with lost receipt ($19.90) or B) eat it. Considering I had to call/pester DM enough last month about getting back on flight status, I decided just to eat this one. He might fix it with a pen stroke, but geez--do I really have to bug him (especially since he is in transition) to do all that when my calendar, my company credit card, and the other records all point to the fact I WAS in the Sheraton Waterside those days? The answer you'll get from the company is "hey--its just business" My answer on the LOA is the same--but without an malice or snide tones. When we are getting optimized, nickeled and dimed on expense reports, and fighting with CPs over "accepted fares", its kind of hard to accept that if we'll just dive on this grenade and go to these FDAs it will somehow all work out. I think there is a lot of room for clarifying a lot of these points you mentioned, as well as some other areas. If we say "please", and "NO thank you" instead of "why don't you *&^* shove this up you &^%&" I think we'll all get a lot farther along.
Another GREAT point... we need to look at what else is going on all around us while we concentrate on Age 60 and the LOA. The Company is sticking it to us as we speak, they are continuing to crank the screws down on the optimizer. The 727 has more and more disputes, they want to change that flying so that when it transitions to the 757 or A300 it will be "normal" and the guys in the 727 did it...

If it makes you fatigued reading the pairing then it probably is. Make the call when you need to, it is our only Safety protection, the Company certainly is not looking at Fatigue models. They look at one thing, $$$$.

Sorry for changing the subject.