Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2015

Forgive me for sullying your rant with facts, but:

Most Junior Captain By Crew Base:
DFW: March 2015
IAD: August 2014
IAH: August 2014
PHX: July 2005

You knew what the pay was when you signed up. If it doesn't pay your bills, shame on you for not knowing that ahead of time. Use Excel, create a budget for yourself. BEFORE you need it.

No company cares about family problems. You are an employee, you are expected to show up to work when scheduled. That's been the norm for about, oh, 97 years or so.

Mesa pays for 50% of uniforms, just as Envoy does. And others. If you base your decision on which company to fly for on whether or not you have to buy a coupla shirts on your own dime, see my budget advice above.

As for "running it into the ground"... While anything is possible, the company has been around since 1979, with fewer incidents than most regionals. You should be proud to work there.

Originally Posted by MachTwo View Post
To all of you that are thinking of Mesa for a flying job/career, let me tune you up about what Mesa is all about; first, you think you can live on 20k/yr. You can't, unless you have a big bank account. Think you are going to upgrade in a year to two years, try 3-4 years. Mesa does not care about you. They don't care if you have family problems, they want you at station, and ready 12 hrs a day on reserve. If you choose Mesa because of domicile; try e-jet for IAH, Envoy for Dfw, Transtates for IAD, and you will never get PHX because it is super senior. All these regionals are way better in pay and benifits. Mesa has the worst pay and benifits in the industry. They pay for nothing. Some regionals pay for uniforms, not Mesa. I am sorry I came here and will be looking for another job after the new year. JO treats all of his employees like crap. Terrible hotels and crew rooms. I have never been in such a "cheep, cheep" company. Good luck to all who have hope that it will get better, it won't. JO will run this company into the ground before giving any more in pay and benifits.