View Single Post
Old 12-28-2015, 03:55 PM
Some guy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Default Heads up international deviators

As a commuter, deviation banks are near and dear to my heart. During contract negotiations, I was very concerned how the whole "lie flat" seat thing was going to affect my deviation bank. I was assured by the NC (and have it in writing) that we would still get the higher fare if applicable, regardless of "lie flat" availability. So I get my first international trip of the year that starts with a DH which has a 1540 block and 1810 duty and thus qualifies for first class. However, the DH was booked in "C" class (business). I call Global Travel to inquire and they tell me that because "lie flat" is available that is the way they were instructed to book it, and I don't qualify for the first class fare. I call CE and they tell me that the Company's interpretation of that section is different than ours. Really? But wait, I was assured...so sorry, too bad, but hey, we are grieving it...Yup, they did it to us again boys!

Thank you very much NC for providing us with such a tightly worded contract with so many great deals! So now, not only do I have to travel a day earlier in order to meet the new 18hr check-in requirement, I have to get there with less deviation monies. Can't wait to see how the rest of contract works out for us...