View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 09:45 AM
busdriver12
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by Busboy View Post
This is exactly why I said during the ratification process that ALPA's roadshows were not nearly as valuable as a company NC roadshow would be. I'm serious.

Next contract, we should demand a roadshow from management's NC, where questions pertaining to new/revised language can be questioned. Only one reason the company would not agree to that.
Totally agree with that. Of course, the odds of their NC taking ownership in front of the crew force seem to be low.

Apparently people are going to have to start doing what they used to, to stay in bank. Don't deviate, jumpseat into Memphis to take the scheduled flight, or don't deviate on the expensive leg, in this case--jumpseat into SFO from home. Funny how the cost of the scheduled tickets go way up when they are actually used, particularly when they are booked late, though the deviation bank won't change. If that's what you have to do to not be several hundred dollars out of pocket, it's worth it. I remember a time when everyone was jumpseating into Memphis to take the scheduled international flights that were priced at $1500/ticket, business class, and they couldn't stay within the bank. I think that must have been costly for the company.