Thread: Saudi Airlines
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 02:44 AM
NEDude
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007

[QUOTE=EXPAT1;2040098]
Originally Posted by NEDude View Post
Yes, because hidden in my comment was the assertion that China was immune to any conflict...

Seriously, where on earth do you get China out of my comment?! There are many places in the world that have potential for armed conflict, including China. But my comment was specifically aimed at the current issues in the Persian Gulf region that are escalating quickly and in no way were implying that China and the far east were immune from potential conflict. QUOTE

I think you are very naive if you truly think this way. Any escalation in the South China Sea where more than 25% of the world trade flows and annual trade of $5 Trillion. Over 50% of all commercial shipping passes through the Pacific Region associated with the South China Sea. A Full scale war will obviously draw in the US as it has ties to the Phillipines, Japan and Taiwan and to a lesser extent with Singapore, Vietnam and Malaysia. If this powder keg blows the only flying being done in and out of the entire Asian-Pacific region will be F-22s, drones, Migs and J20s and J31s.
This doesn't even bring up the China-North Korea ties or the potential China-Taiwan conflict which are also potential dangerous threats. We all take risks and evaluate potential threats in our careers but take a look at your own bed before you give heedless advice.
Armed Clash in the South China Sea - Council on Foreign Relations
I am a little baffled by your insistence at trying to make this a conflict here. I mean seriously, what is wrong with you? You act like I was making a personal attack on you by making a comment about the recent escalation of Saudi-Iranian tensions. If you disagree with my assessment or speculation about what is happening, then go ahead and say why you don't think it will be an issue. I could very well be wrong. Instead you have to drag in something totally unrelated and act like I was claiming those who work in China are better off when that was not stated, inferred, or implied in any way, shape or form. Never in my comment did I even mention China. The only way you could have read into that with my comment is if you are paranoid and looking for a fight.

You are totally correct, if east Asia explodes into total conflict and an all out world war, then obviously China will have issues. But if it is a more limited conflict between China and Vietnam then the effect will be much smaller (note that I did say excluding the economic issues - this is simply referring to safety of flight issues in a conflict area). But that still does not change any of my comments about the recent escalation of conflict between Saudi Arabia and Iran which is entirely what my original post was about. If you disagree then please state why you think the Gulf area airlines will not be affected. I am happy to listen and can accept that I might be wrong in my opinion. But if you are looking to start an online fight over a completely unrelated and unmentioned issue, then please look elsewhere.