View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 05:53 PM
blastboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: RC-3 Seabee. Skipper of the A21 cutter.

Originally Posted by saab2000 View Post
Laziness?
Incompetence?
Arrogance?
Ignorance?

The so-called 'regionals' are full of all of the above.....

And 9/11 is not a legitimate excuse. It is used by management as an exuse for their mismanagement and inability to adapt, but it is not a real reason.

Airlines around the world (which are for the most part not state-run entities) are making record profits and paying properly for their employees. Only the US airlines, and third-world airlines, are run like third-world companies.

The best run airline in the US BY FAR is SWA. Followed by UPS and Fed-Ex and CAL.

I have been doing some research on Lufthansa, KLM and several other European carriers and they seem to have been doing just fine over the past several years. The work ethic in general seems to be much better in places like europe and even japan.

The US is supposidly a world leader but I just can't see that, especially with the airlines. The US airlines are by far the worst in management, customer service and treatment of employees. I sure hope things get back to pre 911 standards, or better, and why not!?! Why would the airlines not want to make things better than pre 911? This is the US. Businesses are suppose to move forward, not backwards.