View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 01:18 PM
Checked in
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2015
Position: Captain

[QUOTE=stickwiggler;2050489]
Originally Posted by Danodano View Post
That's awesome. I can't retire till March 17th. It sounds like they want you in class within a month. If I were to be interviewed they probably would not call me till mid February. Did anyone get 777s?[/QUOTE]

Yes. At least one did. I've been told that the 777 usually gets assigned to people with previous heavy time. I don't think that was necessarily the case in my interview group.

While my ego wanted the 777, I think the 767 affords more opportunity. Read through this whole thread on the different schedules and utilization and you can see which aircraft is best for you. Of course none of that matters. They assign you where they need bodies, just like all other airlines.

I will say this.... If you think all the b.s. political correctness going on at legacy carriers like "tell me about the charity work you do" etc. is a crock of crap. You'll like the Omni guys. I was interviewed by the CP and two fleet Managers. They were all cool guys who balanced friendly and professionalism. I got the invite to Atlas for the testing (I know, far from a job offer) but have decided to put that on hold for the aforementioned reason. Where I live, who I work with is a big deal and I like what I see so far (except for the pay).

just my $.02

St
Any specific source recommended to prep for the written exam?