Old 01-25-2016, 02:46 PM
Doctor Dolittle
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2015
Position: 737-700/800/900 Captain

Originally Posted by ghilis101 View Post
MD,

Our scope is not for sale. Our work rules are not for sale. Our QOL is not for sale. Our PS is not for sale. Bottom line is most of us are digging in for the long haul and we're content with it. We'll continue to make money, and if we dont have a new contract next year I dont care. We'll have our current contract protections (if you havent noticed, the company doesnt want to improve any of them, they only want to take them away) and when the non-contract employees raise a fit over our 2017 PS checks, a token pay raise will trigger 3B4 or else youll see union drives.

Im not interested in the company coming back to the table unless they stop insulting us, questioning our integrity (sick leave), and they give up on trying to take concessions in this environment. Your anxiousness is based on the perception that the industry is going to tank... But remember if youre betting against the forecasts of every analyst and all of delta management (stock buybacks and all), youre in a very very minority. Come on over to our side. We'll take care of you because we all know management sure wont.
Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
Sometimes the delivery of the message or even the sender's identity interfere with the intended reception. When SFMD says something to the effect of "They're offer of a substandard TA and than stalling too negotiate are contract should make us reconsider working so hard under an expatriated corntact." we are likely missing a valid point.

We shouldn't be so excited about carrying a backpack during times of drawn out negotiation.

65% of us preferred C2012 over NA15, but we expect better. Let's not be so excited about going the extra mile while working under an amendable agreement until the company goes the extra mile for us. When the contract became amendable, so did my interest in going above and beyond.
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I can't wait to hear what our 'Customer Engagement' talk is going to sound like if this thing drags out too long.

"Hi there Mr. HVC, have you seen the papers? Yeah, can you believe Delta is STILL paying it's pilots 18% LESS than in 2004? Oh, I know they just made $6 Billion, but can you believe we STILL don't have a viable retirement plan? All the while the CEO just got a 22% raise and is using the Billions in pilot concessions to buy back stock! Can you believe these guys? Oh, hey, we might be late pushing back, we can't seem to find enough pilots to fly on the holidays..."

The ball is in Richard's court, we can do this the easy way, or the hard way, his choice. But this could be his "So Be It" moment, that he will be remembered for.
I'm not a very good writer so I've simply snatched three of the greatest posts I've read since joining this forum. Everyone should read these again and let them sink in!