Old 01-26-2016, 09:16 AM
JetPilotMike
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: CRJ, CR7, A320, B737

Originally Posted by David Puddy View Post
Thank you Mr. Embraer. Clearly you know everything. How long have you been negotiating a potential order?

2 years to get the CS program up and running? Really? Bombardier would likely move heaven and earth if UAL made an order. There are leasing companies with early CS100 slots that could accommodate UAL should they need aircraft ASAP. SWISS will start to use the CS100 in the next two months and SWISS pilots are already being trained.... When is the first E2 expected? 2-3 years? Gee, I don't know how I will get over it if you guys fly a revamped E190 in 3+ years... I'll be devastated!
I think the point he's trying to make is that it takes quite a bit of time to get a new aircraft type program up and running at a major airline. You need a fleet manager. You need to train the instructors and LCAs. You need to train the initial line pilots. You need to train mechanics all over the system to work and maintain them. You need to build up a spare parts supply. Manuals and procedures need to be written and vetted. And, the FAA needs to sign off on the whole package. I'm sure that would take well over a year to get in place. Look how long APU On_Demand is taking to get going on the Guppy.