View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 11:45 PM
Albief15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

My true goals on these boards are the same they've been since flightinfo days back in 1999 and since....

Have fun. Share info. Learn about the industry. Make a few "virtual" friends, many who have become real friends that I've met around the country.

Several people gave me great info back then... a couple guys at Jetblue, and a couple here (anyone remember "Profile" from Flightinfo?). I've tried to pass it along.

You can be bitter if you want--we all gotta chose a path. Making 300k a year, having good health care, and staying in 4-5 star hotels is a damn sight better than most folks in the world ever have. Having the ability to push for more, while still maintaining a sense of contentment and satisfaction internally is a balancing act. Maybe its because I know pilots who have lost medicals, or one recently terminated for a firearm/security issue, that I have an appreciation for what we do have.

As for the business...well...thank you for the plug. I don't need to talk it up--the over 1000 pilots at FedEx who have been hired after doing the course can do that talking, as can the over 1000 at Delta, 1000 at SWA, and over 500 at UAL. But if you want to throw me underhand soft balls like that--I'm more than glad to take them. You are a great Ed McMahon, and I appreciate the assist.

Don't know what you fly, but if its a 777 or -11 and you find yourself on this side of the world, I'm in VIPS and my calendar ain't blocked. Last bar crawl in LKF I did with some visiting pilots was in December, and I'm overdue... I'll buy.