Thread: Bidding
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 07:02 AM
freezingflyboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: 7ER B...whatever that means.

Originally Posted by SMACFUM View Post
Just out of curiosity, are there any regionals that still bid hard lines?
ExpressJet on the ERJ has hard line bidding for line holders and PBS bidding for reserves and relief/composite lines. The CRJ side is all PBS.

Originally Posted by CBreezy View Post
Why do you lose control of your schedule with PBS?

TSA is bidding hard lines.
One of the biggest complaints (from the pilot side) and benefits (from the company side) is that the schedule building is much more efficient and leaves little, if any open time vs. hard line bidding. I know this is anecdotal, but I just switched to a PBS airline and as I build a better understanding of how PBS "thinks" I have had decent luck bidding within PBS and getting what I want even though I am very junior. My biggest complaint however, is that there is very little open time with which to improve/modify my schedule. Using next month as an example, I got all the days off I wanted (my main priority) and all my trips are commutable (second priority) except one which is not commutable on either end. There is nothing I can do about it because there are no trips to trade on those days and I would prefer not to work on the days that there are trips available.