View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 01:14 PM
Zoot Suit
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007

You MUST have breakfast at the Family House of Pancakes in Chula Vista. 6 egg stuffed omletes w pancakes for about $7

562 Broadway
Chula Vista, CA 91910-5308
+1 619 425 5133

http://www.yelp.com/biz/aehtj7cA3G804ICBLYlMzg

"With high gas prices and killer mortgage payments, San Diegans are all about a good bargain. There is no need to clip coupons here at the Family House because the portions are so huge you can feed off of an omlette for three days.

The pancake selection is fantastic. My family was in town last week for a graduation and they wanted to go to Aunt Emma's on E St., but we came to Family House instead and everyone was satisfied. Their salsa is delicious, their omlettes are famous and it's a total steal.

There is a wait if you get there at critical mass (around 10 am on a Saturday or Sunday) but it's totally worth the wait. We showed up at around 8:30 and only waited a few minutes for a party of 11."

"My parents started taking me here when I was just a wee one (30+ years ago). Whenever I'm back in town I like to go, for the great food and for old times sake. Great for families if you beat the rush. HUGE portions so you can share if you like. YUM YUM and YUM"