Thread: UPS Interview
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 07:05 PM
Tanker-driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Cool

Originally Posted by McBoeingBus View Post
UPS has a laughable first year's pay and isn't significantly different in the second year.

MBB
All of your points are valid, but you're wrong here. Second year pay increases significantly. The APC quoted rates for UPS were accurate last time I checked. Also, don't forget that we do not have PBS and are able to conflict bid, which, along with the A plan, are what makes us a competitive choice for a potential new-hire IMO. Of course, I chose this place over the pax carriers, so my opinion may be biased.

If I were looking at coming here today, assuming I was offered a class date (big assumption), I'd accept the class, but keep my apps updated until we have a contract. A few significant contract improvements could make it well worth staying here. A sub-par agreement would make that airlineapps subscription worth it.

BL: UPS does have redeeming qualities -- A Plan, conflict bidding, no PBS, the best union in the industry, and a good group of people to fly with. Movement here is slow, but not as bleak a picture as some have painted. With a good new contract, there will be good reason to choose UPS as a place to hang your hat.