Thread: New Mesa Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2016, 02:06 PM
flapshalfspeed
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by Out Of Trim View Post
Thanks! I'll give them a call. Do you also happen to know what reserve times are in IAH & DFW? Approximate upgrade time?
By the time you are in class, trained, and online, anything anyone says regarding reserve times or upgrade times is about as good as a fortune teller giving you stock tips.

With that said--here's what my 8-ball is saying: it sounds like you live in Dallas. Envoy is getting E175s and actively putting new hires in E175 classes. Given that we are hitting our peak size and don't have the financial resources to attract and retain >1,200 or so pilots in a steady-state, I think you need to really look deep inside at why you're considering coming here.

Upgrade times will be comparable for you here vs. there, except you'll be making roughly $4-6/hour more as an FO at Envoy (with a $5,000 signing bonus) and $10+/hour more as a CA. Oh and you get to put a flow to AA in your back pocket (however long it'll take is debatable, but many of us would gladly have that as a career fallback plan, even if it took a decade, which it won't nowadays).

You should also consider the fact that you'll be getting paid money in new hire at Mesa that is an active matter of dispute between the company and the union. If they offer you any money that seems fishy and is not mentioned in our contract, it might be unwise to accept it, imho.

I guess the real questions should be directed at you--with all I have stated above, what is it that's drawing you to Mesa? Were they the first ones who called or what? Not being confrontational--I'm honestly curious how people make decisions like this.