Thread: New Mesa Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 03:37 AM
Skyler02
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2014

Originally Posted by BobJenkins View Post
Fact - I know a June hire with over 350 today. And a 17-month pilot with over 900. Reckon it all depends on how much one wants to sit at home.

And I think a few pages back on this very thread, guys were off reserve in 2-3 months.
That's great for that guy that you know. I love to hear that it's working out for someone. That is not the norm. Everyone's mileage will vary but the majority of reserves are not "sitting at home" not flying by "choice". They are commuting in to base to sit in the crew room/crash pad for 4-5-6 days and are not flying. They are calling scheduling begging for trips. They are logging maybe 20-30/hrs per month. And reserve is most certainly NOT just a few months. Last summer's new hires are still on reserve and will be for a while. That is for IAD and DFW. And we all know that PHX is much, much longer.

As you know, this industry is changing drastically by the day. The experience of a pilot hired 17 months ago is not going to be the experience of someone hired today.

Also, not everyone gets the EJet, so again, each person's mileage will vary.

Just putting real data out there so people can base their life decisions on what is actually happening. Realistic expectations save a lot of frustration. I hope it helps those making those decisions.

Last edited by Skyler02; 02-10-2016 at 04:09 AM.