Thread: New Mesa Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 03:54 AM
BobJenkins
Banned

Joined APC: Sep 2015

You are correct, Sir, it can and often does change, sometimes quickly. For everyone's sake at Envoy, I hope it does.

As for the why, it comes from talking to Envoy pilots, and reading these forums. I was given to expect 30-50 hours on reserve, and that current reserve times are 1.5-2 years. (Back in December and January). In fact, I had a guy tell me he blocked under 200 hours in 12 months. Now that I know what I know, I suspect he was bidding to stay at home and not fly, but will never know.

And please don't think I am in any bashing Envoy. I think they are a solid company, and everyone I have spoken to that works there were top-notch folks. But I do believe Mesa new hires will have the opportunity to fly more hours sooner than at Envoy. At least today. Will that change next month? Sure might. If what you say is true, Envoy will be flying more, and from reading the tea leaves here in the Mesa thread, the flying (well, at least upgrades) will slow down.

Originally Posted by adspilot View Post
I'm not sure why you think a Mesa pilot can build time faster than an Envoy pilot. The flight blocks are given monthly and change happens often and quickly. We had some months where the entire month OT was paid 200 percent.

I can say I and my family are enjoying me not flying much now, but no one expects it to last much longer.