FrequentFly3r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by MESArable View Post
Hello,

New to the forum.

Early Summer 2015 class date

DFW CRJ FO

I have bid a line every month after I completed training. As far as how I bid- I request no specific days off and select same day pairings or whatever the lingo is on the antiquated bid system. For people who do not understand what this means, I essentially tell the company they can assign me any schedule they like.
Importantly, the result is, I have never received a line.

As it looks going forward I am not likely to get a line until hopefully March.

I sit ready reserve at DFW an average of approximately 9 days per month. There are 40 or 50 (haven't counted in awhile) people junior to me on the DFW seniority
list.

January I flew less than 16 hours.

I have less than 300 hours in the airplane.

I want to fly but fact is that I sit at the airport on ready reserve.

All of my classmates have had a very similar experience thus far.

Additionally, the majority of the hotels we stay in are completely unacceptable.

My reason for posting this is to simply provide an accurate current pilot's experience at Mesa .
I'm no Mesa cheerleader (I'm sure others can attest to that), but your experience here as far as flight time and reserve go are not unique to Mesa. That's just the way it is being junior at any regional airline. I was hired here about 3 months earlier than you and am just now at the point where I'm not sitting ready reserve every day at DFW and I'm still not a line holder.

And honestly, after seeing some of the lines people get when they waive everything, I think next month I'm not going to waive anything and just sit reserve again. Those "waived" lines are really, really ugly.