Thread: Omni Air
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 02:19 PM
Jason605
Banned

Joined APC: Feb 2016
Position: Enjoying the show

Originally Posted by brn2fly1 View Post
Pay Scale is correct , expect $50K plus per-diem. Over time on a day of is $250 plus 3.33 hrs or block which ever is greater. There is no override if you break the 60hr monthly guarantee.

When I left May of last year it was just over 4 years to upgrade. Packrat would know better than I if this has changed as I believe he was hired about the time I left.

Don't know how old you are but I would not look at Omni for the long term. It's not a place to go and stay. Although there are several great pilots that gut stuck there for what ever reason.

Why would you leave a $150K year job to come to Omni. Even as a line Captain the best you will do is $120K on 12th year pay. You would have to work all the time overtime you could get, be an Check airman, Sim instructor or do the IAD flying to break that.

As far as additional flying goes I believe that the Chief Pilot has to approve it per the EPPM (Employee Procedures and Policy Manual). I think thats the name of the manual but if I am wrong someone will be along to correct me.

On the plus side I had a blast there, did things and went places I never get to do again. Made some great friends and ultimately land my dream job because of Omni.
Thanks much for that. I'm 45 and just want to find someplace to finish the rest of the career off at. This doesn't sound like that. I'm in corp. now and that 150k number is by flying contract. I don't work for any particular company.

Contracting is good and bad, but not wanting to do it for the long term. I'm thinking trying to get on with a national or major carrier is really the only way to go after reading the above. Unless a good corp. gig falls in my lap, but corp jobs really come and go and like I said, it's time to settle down and marry a company.

Thanks again.