View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 05:58 AM
magic rat
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007

I can't wait to see what is going to happen with these FDAs. My .02 cents, this scenario will be handled the same way as the MD ANC Purple Nugget program. We are overmanned, but, with the planned growth, I think we are a bit short.

The idea of hiring into the right seat to fill FDAs WILL NOT stop big purple!! We're talking about BILLIONS of dollars here. With 12K plus applicants, they won't have a problem hand-picking those pilots who have a more appropriate resume. Also, what is worse, regional pay here CONUS, guard bumming for a couple more years, waiting for JB, Continental, UA, etc or first year pay at FDX overseas? No brainer in my book.

When I was in the pool, my wife and I discussed what if FDX called to go to ANC? We didn't even blink an eye in answering that question. It's a multi-million dollar career choice. Bottom line, five years from now, we'll look back and say it was DEFINITELY worth it. Was I going to tell FDX no thanks? Are you on crack?

I think we will have to hire again soon. I think these FDAs will have alot of new hires in them.