View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 07:56 PM
check6
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: 737FO

Originally Posted by avbug
You're right, I broke my own rule. GF is the place for ME! I spend a lot of time in LAX and I cannot stand SOCAL. The people are what break it for me. Sure NOV to FEB in GF is cold but the rest of the year is great, plenty to do outdoors (ie no stupid clubs to go to) and frankly it's the best place/area in the country to raise a family, good schools, safe enviroment, low cost of living coupled with plenty of high quality homes/apartments. How much of a house will 200K get you in SOCAL as compared to GFK? What's the student to teacher ratio at the average school? How far do you have to drive to go camping and not be able to see or hear the city?

SOCAL may have really nice weather and all but for me it's the family side of it, community and schools that matter.
Avbug, I cannot agree more. I graduated in 2004 and have been in a certain west coast city. Not quite the same. The QOL in GFK was AOK. People who instruct at UND have it better than they realize. I make just enough right now to have nothing left each month to play with.