Thread: New Mesa Thread

Out Of Trim , 02-28-2016 08:47 AM
Gets Weekends Off
Out Of Trim
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Nov 2015
Quote: Just stop. Your blue-sky kumbaya attitude is simply out of blind ignorance. JO has said to many pilots' faces that the reason why he pays so low is because that is what the market dictates. Supply vs. demand. As long as wide eyed new hires fill classes, there is no economic reason to raise pay.

You presumably haven't even finished training, but you already think you're of good authority to decide who "gets it"? You should slow down on spouting your garbage before you know a thing or two about what you're talking about.

To those that spout about how "quick upgrades are alive": how many people actually upgraded in less than a year? 10? 30? I don't study standing bid awards, but it's not enough to sell that to a friend to come here. As others have said, if you were hired in 2013-14 and were able to make short work of the embaressing FO pay scale, great. However, if you come here because it's the only place you could get hired and don't care about the pay... You're a part of the problem, and you're lying to yourself.

The company has been completely unwilling to provide us with improvements in pay, hotels, healthcare, NONREV BENEFITS, interviews/flows or anything else for that matter. Anyone that signs up for a class date today is either 1. A mid-life crisis type 2. Can't get hired elsewhere or 3. Has either done no research, or doesn't value them self as a professional pilot
First of all. You know nothing about me. Where I've been, what I've done, what I know or don't, how long I've been at Mesa, how long I'll stay ... nothing. You assume I'm after a quick upgrade. Maybe, maybe not, maybe I don't even need one ... again nothing. As for my attitude and your statement of blind ignorance I can only say that, based on what I've heard you say on here, you sound pretty young and childish ... to the point where it seems likely that I leave more wisdom in one of my dumps than you have in your whole body. I'm not going to waste time sparring with you, just quit with the little schoolgirl whining whenever somebody new takes a job here. Just because their reasons don't fit your own views or agendas doesn't mean the rest of us need to hear the complaining from the same usual 4 or 5 people. You have it no worse than the rest of us. If you want to complain then at least do something about it ... tell ALPA they're FOS and join those of us that will be demanding ALPA to finally try to do something about this instead of just finding excuses.