Thread: Skywest v2.0
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 08:06 AM
wrxpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: B767

Originally Posted by disillusioned View Post
Sorry if I struck a nerve. I usually try to keep emotion in check but it seriously is pretty frustrating to see nothing being fixed and even worse that SOME of our SAPA folks don't seem to see a problem.

I have actually applied for quite a few things like RSR and would love to be part of the solution. However, if you look at history it doesn't fair well for those that try to help. There was a certain person who was very vocal on our forums that tried to help from the inside by being a SAPA rep. Didn't seem to work out to well for him. Plus most that do work in SAPA get burned out and quit because they see how much the company really wants to fix things. Or they get the hell out ASAP because they know things will never get better. But sticking your head in the sand and ignoring the problems doesn't do any good either. How would you suggest I make effective change?

I'll try to post more sunshine and rainbows so that I don't come across so negative. Like the good news about our bonuses!! I get to split 6% of the profit with 3,500 of our pilots. See all that extra flying we are picking up and forcing me to fly is paying off!!
I agree that there are certainly a fair amount of legit gripes here. But if you think THAT person was canned because he was trying to help, you are pretty clueless.