View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 05:02 AM
mrvmo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by mrvmo View Post
Not true at all. 10 year guy (junior) here and I am a commuter. Usually 2 commutes to SDF per month. I find it a lot easier, and pleasant, to commute on company aircraft here at UPS than at any of the other 5 airlines I've worked for. We have a descent commuter policy. If you are on company a/c commuting to work and anything goes wrong where you don't make it to work, no disciplinary action can be taken. That being said, if you miss your trip you are not pay protected for it. You will have to make it up somehow.....if you choose. As for a percentage of SDF guys who commute? Just a WAG, but I would say over 50% are commuters.
As for ANC.....I commuted to ANC for 7 years with a one leg (6-7 hour) commute and was sitting at approximately 50% on my a/c up there. It wasn't horrible. 1-2 commutes per month. If you are going to be junior there I would not advise commuting to ANC. Unless you do reserve (which would be 1 commute per month), as a junior guy, you would be looking at 3-6 commutes a month to ANC as a line holder. Commuting to ANC IMO was the only bummer about being based there.